Hair Spa – Benefits, Process and Treatment
Hair damage is very common nowadays. 90 women out of every 100 have complained about different hair problems. Be it the stubborn oily dandruff or the split ends. One can face different sorts of hair damage. Since beautiful, bouncy and silky hair enhances your beauty and restores self-confidence and self-esteem, you need to get the right hair treatment at the earliest.
If you look through the onlinesalonservices, you will see most salons providing different types of hair treatment. One such treatment process is a hair spa. However, most people avoid getting the spa treatment because of the high price. In addition, many don’t even know the benefits of the spa treatment, which results in their reluctance.
What is a Hair Spa?
Hair spa is a special salon-level hair treatment procedure in which heat is mainly used to reduce hair damage and restore the original beauty. In addition, a hair spa might involve a hot oil scalp massage at the very beginning.
The process is applicable for anyone, regardless of the hair type, the present condition of the hair strands, the extent of damage, and so on. However, since multiple steps are involved in a hair spa, it might take a lot of time based on your hair’s length, texture, and other factors. So, while taking an appointment through a salon booking app, make sure the time chosen will allow you to relax and enjoy the treatment in no hurry.
What are Things Needed for a Complete Hair Spa?
Since now you know what a hair spa is, it will be better to know about the things generally used for the treatment. Therefore, in this section below, we have listed down the elements and tools for a complete hair spa.
- A circular steamer with the opening wide enough to fit anyone’s head inside for heat treatment
- Organic or herbal shampoo and conditioners for cleaning
- Hair mask and creams for smoothing the hair strands
- A mix of heated carrier and essential oil for scalp massage
Step by Step Explanation of the Hair Spa Process
You need to understand the hair spa process in detail. This will clarify all your doubts regarding the treatment. In addition, it will help you in deciding whether a hair spa is the right treatment for your hair or not.
So, to help you out, in the below section, we explained the basic steps of a hair spa followed by most online salon services.
Step 1: Hot oil massage
This is not a mandatory step followed by every salon offering hair spa services. Instead, it is done to moisturize the scalp and exfoliate the skin. Since both carrier and essential oil are used for scalp massage, it will help you to relax also. Moreover, for people having a dry scalp, an oil massage will help in restoring the moisture content.
Step 2: Shampooing and conditioning
The actual first step of a hair spa is shampooing the hair. Often people think that if they shampoo their hair at home and then visit the salon for a spa treatment, the cost will be less. However, that’s not the case because the salon professionals will again shampoo your hair.
Read also: Watermelon Health Benefits
During this process, massage the scalp to unclog the pores and remove any dirt or debris accumulation in the strands. The type of shampoo being used depends on your hair color if you have dyed it or on a hair problem you are suffering from.
Once shampooing is done, and your hair is washed, conditioner is applied. It is mainly applied to the hair strands so that the roughness and dryness can be eliminated. Usually, the conditioner and shampoo used are of the same brand to get the best results.
Step 3: Hair mask application
Following shampooing and conditions, a hair mask is applied. It’s a silky, soft cream product applied both on the wet scalp and hair strands. After the mask’s application, your hair will be left as it is for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
Read also: Simple Health and Fitness Tips
This will allow your scalp to absorb the nutrients, antioxidants, and other important molecules from the hair mask. Hair masks play an important role in making your hair silkier, smoother, and bouncy.
Step 4: Hair washing and haircut
The hair mask needs to be washed out so that no trace of the product remains between the strands or the scalp. Then, in the wet condition only, a haircut is done, especially when you have split ends. Some people even ask for a customized or special haircut during the spa treatment.
Step 5: Hot towel treatment
Once the cutting and styling is done, your hair will be wrapped in a towel properly. The steamer will be brought closer, and the covered parts of the head will be inserted into the steamer bowl.
This is what we call hot towel treatment. The steam generated helps open up the pores, enhance their absorption power, and even remove dryness from the hair strands.
Benefits of Hair Spa
- With proper hair spa treatment, excess oil production can be stopped. The heat will reduce the activity of the oil-secreting glands underneath the scalp, thereby alleviating oil secretion.
- Spa treatment also helps in regulating the blood flow to the scalp. As the skin will be massaged, it will help stimulate the capillaries supplying blood to the scalp. Hence, the hair roots will receive proper nutrition and abundant oxygen.
- With the oil massage done at the beginning of the hair spa process, you can relax for the time being. The hot oil will help in releasing the tension knots in your scalp and rejuvenate the neurons.
- One of the major benefits of getting a hair spa treatment is the reduction of hair fall. The heat treatment will allow the hair follicles to strengthen themselves so that the strands won’t break off easily. Dandruff can also be removed easily with the spa treatment.
- Lastly, a hair spa ensures that your scalp remains nourished and moisturized. This will strengthen the hair follicles and roots internally, allowing your hair to grow.
You should get a hair spa done
Since now you are aware of how spa treatment works and its benefits, you can easily use the salon booking app to make an appointment. Just make sure that the chosen salon is the best one for your needs.