Ways To Reinvent Your Business Successfully
There’s no doubt that marketing has changed significantly in recent years; the landscape of marketing has changed dramatically with the rise of digital media. As a result, businesses have had to adapt their strategies to stay competitive and reinvent your business. Now many have turned to online marketing for successful sales and business growth. However, many businesses are still relying on traditional marketing methods that are no longer effective.
If you want to reinvigorate your business, it’s time to start thinking outside the box with your marketing strategy; we’ve compiled a list of common marketing mistakes business owners make, along with six ways businesses can reinvent themselves with the right marketing approach.
What are the Common Marketing Mistakes made by Businesses?
Companies often focus on outdated marketing techniques that work in the physical world but don’t translate to the digital one. Common mistakes made by businesses are doing any of the following:
- Not having a website
- Making their site inaccessible
- Providing poor customer service
- Not paying attention to social media sites
- Focusing too much on SEO and not enough on engagement or organic marketing
However, if you want to reinvent your business successfully, there are many strategies you can take. Companies that have adapted to change and those that have failed provide insights into how business reinvention should happen and examples of successful reinvention strategies.
Scope of Marketing in the Current Era
Market saturation is no longer a possibility with the invention of digital media. In this era, companies have had to reinvent themselves to stay competitive, and for many businesses, that means rethinking their marketing strategy.
This can be difficult as it requires adaptation, trial and error and strategic planning. Fortunately, you can use plenty of tips and tricks to reinvent your business model into a profitable venture. For example:
- Companies that reinvented themselves successfully
GoPro, Groupon, Zappos (from shoe retailer to full-service e-commerce site), Netflix (movie rental service evolving into streaming service), Instagram (from photo-sharing app to the social network)
- Companies that reinvented themselves and failed
Nokia’s failure was attributed to an unwillingness to change its product line or acknowledge other companies’ products as competition. They also refused to invest in R&D for new technology, such as touch screens, which would’ve been necessary if they wanted a piece of the smartphone market. Likewise, when Blockbuster went bankrupt in 2013, it was because they refused to adapt their business model.
6 Effective Ways to Reinvent Your Business
Here are the six reinvention strategies that will help you successfully flourish your business:
1. Create a strong brand identity
Whether you’ve been in the industry for ten years or ten days, a strong brand identity is the first step to reinvent your business. Here are some steps to create your new identity:
- List your company’s traits and values (both verbally and non-verbally)
- Look at logos from other companies that reflect your brand (or brainstorm new concepts)
- Decide on colors, font, symbols, etc. Create a brand book and guidelines
- Market your company as something different from what it is currently known for
Companies reinventing themselves into successful entities can happen when they focus on changing what they stand for instead of how they do things or where their headquarters is located.
2. Choose a winning niche
Finding your niche is the second step in reinventing your business successfully. Unfortunately, some companies have failed to reinvent themselves because they believed that being all things to everyone was the way to do it when you should choose a winning niche and focus on filling that need for as many people as possible. However, some companies have done this well and succeeded.
- For example, Kodak went from making consumer products to professional-grade camera equipment – a successful business reinvention
- Or Mark Zuckerberg’s business reinvention example with Facebook or how LinkedIn turned job hunting into networking – with plenty of success along the way
- These are two companies that saw an opportunity and did something about it. The company made changes that were logical and made sense at the time but eventually evolved as new technology became available to make the business more competitive
3. Update and upgrade website design
For many businesses, updating the design of your website can provide a fresh new look, which encourages consumers to do business with you. Plus, the average user spends 60 seconds browsing a company’s website before deciding if they want to spend their time there or not. So make sure you put your best foot forward by adding some creativity to the space you already have!
With only Rs.10,000-20,000, you can significantly update your website design. You might also consider investing in a quality logo for marketing purposes; this could be worth its weight in gold.
Hiring a professional web designer who knows how to use SEO effectively should be more accessible than ever to keep up with competitors. Remember: just because you’re redesigning your company doesn’t mean it’s time to stop using traditional advertising methods like TV ads and billboards. They still work wonders!
4. Implement social media marketing strategies
This may include revamping your company’s Facebook and Twitter pages and creating a presence on Instagram. Social media has become a significant source of information and should be taken advantage of as soon as possible.
- For example, posting new product updates, celebrating milestones in the company, or communicating with customers will get you noticed online
- Social media can boost your business by opening the doors for quick marketing and customer engagement opportunities through social media posts, blogs, etc. With this added promotion, it will be easier for consumers to find your brand or products, which translates to more sales for your company!
- You should also note who is following or interacting with your company and ensure they are targeted towards the same audience that would buy from you
- If you want loyal followers, post updates about them (customer photos) or the community at large (a charity event). You are building a community online that includes their friends and family could lead to higher conversion rates because these people will now feel like part of something bigger than themselves
5. Hire an expert marketing team
In many cases, it’s not just one thing or strategy that helped them transform but many different approaches combined- working as a team is key! Hire an expert marketing team who can do everything from crafting social media posts to advertising on Instagram or Facebook.
It’s important to choose marketing agencies that understand your industry and know how to meet your specific business needs. Consider things like communication style, approach, turnaround time on projects, expertise, and more so you can be sure they’ll provide a successful outcome that works with your company culture.
A marketing team or an agency can make sure you have a solid social media presence with the help of the following content strategy:
- Create videos on YouTube that offer advice or information about your product
- Use Google AdWords so you can target specific people who are interested in what you sell and follow them around the internet with ads when they go places like shopping sites
- Hire influencers who can endorse your company by posting content on their social media platforms
- Get professional photos taken for use on all platforms
6. Targeted advertising
Targeted advertising is the best social media marketing technique. It’s not just a matter of targeting people in your targeted market by choosing to advertise on their favorite sites and reaching them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media networks. It also means spending money on advertising campaigns: TV ads, print campaigns, promotional products or sponsorships. A well-planned strategy can help you reinvent your business successfully.
- For example: Netflix was one company that had an innovative idea but didn’t know how to execute it. They created DVDs for people who wanted to be at home and watch movies but couldn’t because they were traveling for work or vacationing. The service became so popular that they had to reinvigorate themselves by changing the concept when it came time for streaming videos over the internet instead of discs coming through mailboxes every month.
The potential of a business is unlimited if it has the right strategy to reinvigorate it. Implementing the reinvention strategy mentioned above will help a business flourish successfully. Some companies can ride on their initial successes for a long time, but those wanting to maintain market share and remain competitive in today’s digital age must think outside the box.
Online marketing offers opportunities to experiment with different strategies and test new business methods. Using online media is essential if you want your company to succeed, and using a combination of both offline and online techniques can also be effective; it all depends on what kind of business you want yours to be.
Related Reading: Building Blocks of Successful Small Business
Related Reading: Tips for Managing Small Business Finances